Nikonov Vyacheslav Vasilyevich, Doctor of Biological
researchers – 3
auxiliaries – 4
Isayeva Lyudmila Georgievna, senior scientist, Candidate of Agricultural
Objectives: Investigation of structure and
functions of terrestrial ecosystems in the North, development of methodology
and methods of monitoring, rational use and rehabilitation.
• Development of theory of ecological soil science
• Formation of mycorhiza in north-taiga forests
• Biodiversity and diversity of ecotopes
• Fire successions
• Organization and development of a network of monitoring stations
and university-type experimental test ground
of Aquatic Ecosystems Ecology
Chief: Kashulin Nikolay Alexandrovich, Doctor of Biological
scientists - 19
auxiliaries - 4
Moiseenko Tatiana Ivanovna (Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy
of Sciences, Professor, Doctor of Biological Sciences)
Kashulin Nikolay Alexandrovich (Doctor of Biological Sciences)
Dauvalter Vladimir Andreyevich (Doctor of Geographical Sciences)
Lukin Anatoly Alexandrovich (Doctor of Biological Sciences)
Ilyashuk Boris Petrovich (Candidate of Biological Sciences)
Ratkin Nikolay Egorovich (Candidate of Geographical Sciences)
Kagan Lyudmila Yakovlevna (Candidate of Geographical Sciences)
Kudryavtseva Lyubov Pavlovna (Candidate of Geographical Sciences)
Vandysh Oksana Ivanovna (Candidate of Biological Sciences)
Malinovsky Dmitry Nikolayevich (Candidate of Geographical Sciences)
Sandimirov Sergey Stepanovich (Candidate of Geographical Sciences)
Koroleva Irina Mikhailovna (Candidate of Biological Sciences)
Ilyashuk Elena Alexandrovna (Candidate of Biological Sciences)
Objective: Development of theoretical grounds
to regulate anthropogenic impact on aquatic ecosystems in the North
as well as paleoecological reconstruction and forecast of global changes
of environment and climate in the North.
- To show up the formation features of surface water quality under
the impact of different mining and processing complexes, intensity
under various geological conditions.
- To assess the mid-range levels of airborne industrial load on watersheds,
determine biological effects of various anthropogenic impact.
- To show up the formation features of biological diversity of water
reservoirs on the Kola peninsula under various landscape conditions
and anthropogenic impact.
- To develop methodological approaches to reconstruction of the past
climatic and ecological conditions basing on the results of analysis
on chemical composition of bottom sediments, diatom algae and Chironomidae
The additional information
on the laboratory staff
Ecological Geographical Investigations
Chief: Makarova Tatyana Dmitriyevna, Candidate
of Geographical Sciences
researchers – 2
auxiliaries – 3
Makarova Zoya Vladilyevna
Petrov Viktor Nikolayevich
Objectives: investigation of regional problems
on conservation of nature and natural resources' potential within the
Conception of sustainable development of territories.
- development of methodology and methods to assess and forecast the
state of regional geosystems;
- development of regional ecological-geographic criteria for regulation
of anthropogenic impact on Subarctic landscapes;
- mathematical-cartographic modeling of anthropogenic loads on landscapes
and their ecological consequences;
- ecological cartography based on the modern information technologies;
- scientific-methodical support of a regional expert system on environment
Ecological Informatics and Environmental Modeling
Chief: A. A. Baklanov, Doctor of Physical-Mathematical
researchers – 9
auxiliaries – 1
Leaders: S.I. Mazukhina, A.G. Mahura, S.V.
Morozov, L.S. Nazarenko, O.Y. Rigina, N.L. Tausnev
- Monitoring and mathematical models for studying air pollution spreading
processes under the complex geography conditions.
- Mathematical modeling of climate change and its sensitivity to
natural and anthropogenic impacts.
- 3-Dimensional modeling of the release and spread of complex radiation
emissions from nuclear objects within the Kola Peninsula.
- Design and implementation of regional environment database network.
- Establishing of GIS models, maps and database to support regional
- To support the design and teaching of GIS and environmental training
Industrial Production Ecology
Chief: Zosin A.P., Candidate of Technical
researchers - 4
auxiliaries - 4
Zosin A.P., Candidate of Technical Sciences
Priymak T.I. Candidate of Technical Sciences
Development of scientifically sound technologies on management (storage,
burying) of environmentally dangerous industrial and domestic waste
(disintegrated mineral waste of mining and metallurgical industry, solid
and liquid radioactive waste, active sludge from biochemical processing
of household sewage), remediation of surfaces of industrial deposits
taking into consideration their geochemical composition and physical-geographic
- Investigation of the flue dust transformation processes under the
impact of anthropogenic and natural factors. Computer modeling and
forecasting of environmentally dangerous consequences of long-term
storage of nature management solid waste.
- Investigation of processes and ways on remediation of the surface
of tailings' depositories taking into consideration the processing;
development of a strategy aimed at preventing emergence and development
of environmentally dangerous factors.
- Development of bioadsorbents to remediate the damaged surfaces
of lands, industrial deserts, tailing' depositories of mineral waste,
rehabilitation of characteristics of natural objects.
Chief: Evdokimova Galina Andreyevna, Doctor
of Biological Sciences, Professor
researchers – 3
auxiliaries – 2
Leaders: Mozgova N.P., Zenkova I.V., Naumenko
Assessment of microbial resources in the North and the role of soil
biota in maintenance and regulation of modern biogeochemical cycles
by extreme natural and industrial impacts.
- development of ecological-microbiological conception of soils'
- assessment of taxonomic and functional diversity of soil bacteria,
micromycetes and invertebrata;
- search and separation of active strains of microorganisms for their
use in biotechnological processes
The Home Page of
the Laboratory of Microorganisms Ecology
Laboratory of biogeochemistry
of forests in the North
Chief: Lukina Natalya Vasilyevna, Doctor
of Biological Sciences
researchers – 5
auxiliaries – 2
Gorbachyova Tamara Timofeevna, Candidate of Biological Sciences;
Artemkina Natalya Alexandrovna, Candidate of Chemical Sciences
Objectives: Investigation of biogeochemical
cycles of elements and dynamics of organic substance in boreal forests
• development of the theory of biogeochemical cycle
• development of conception of nutrient regime of boreal forests
• development of approaches to rehabilitation of forests damaged
by anthropogenic activity